Written On: August 1, 2018
Category: Marketing Strategy
Anyone can launch a web ad campaign. However, if done incorrectly, you may see little return on your investment.
Here’s how to get the most ROI from your web ad campaign:
- 1.Keep it simple – More is less when it comes to web ads. Web ads have very little room to work with, so keeping words and images to a minimum will help the target audience’s eye be drawn to what is important.
- 2.Make your text readable – It is important to keep your font larger than 10 pt. (unless it is a disclosure you must include). At all cost, avoid cursive-like fonts in your ad. This will enhance the legibility of your message.
- 3.Have a strong call-to-action – Include calls-to-action like “see offer details,” “view inventory,” or “book now for 20% OFF,” to give your audience incentive to click on your ad.
- 4.Showcase value or offering – Copy that focuses on the value or offering should take up the most retail on your web ad.If a web user is scrolling quickly through a web page, you want the value to stand out and stick.
- 5.Direct to a landing page specific to your offering – Your ad should click-through to a page that relates to your offering. By directing traffic to the page needed, rather than a general homepage, your audience will have the information they are seeking immediately.
- 6.Do not direct your audience to call – Avoid calls-to-action such as “call now” and ditch listing a phone number on the ad. This will sabotage your campaign and skew your results.
We’re here to help. For more information on how to pack strategy in your web ad campaign, email Strategic Content Coordinator, Alicia Gartrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.